Objectives of CCI
The Canadian Condominium Institute is Canada's only non-profit organization devoted exclusively to members of the condominium community including owners, directors and individual and corporate service providers. The membership interaction facilitated by CCI enables this organization to fulfill its objectives which are:
- education - through courses and seminars designed to assist participants in conducting the affairs of a corporation in an appropriate manner
- advice and referrals - by offering advice to members regarding problems or providing referrals to available professionals
- advocacy - providing expertise to provincial governments to foster relevant legislation that improves the legal framework in which corporations and professionals must function
- development of standards - standards of competence have been (and will continue to be) developed in key areas pertaining to condominium living and management including law, property management and accounting
Benefits of CCI Membership
- Included in your membership is attendance at no cost at CCI NS educational seminars and courses as well as National seminars and some of the other Chapters across Canada. CCI NS holds 6 to 8 seminars a year on various topics on today’s current issues. In addition, we will present courses CM100 & CM200 as the need dictates.
- As a member you have access to all the seminar recordings as well as any PowerPoint presentations offered by our speakers.
- You have access to the NS Chapter and the National newsletters with current information on issues and events.
- You can contact the Board via email or through the website for information and support in condo operations.
- You have the opportunity to network with other members and condominium professionals at the Chapter's annual meeting, seminars, courses and other events.
- You can help support the lobbying efforts of the Chapter to achieve improvements to legislation that will benefit the condominium community.
- You can receive direct access to professionals in the field and benefit from their expertise.
CCI is the 'voice of condominium' in Canada. Receive the benefit of being part of that voice through membership in your local chapter. We believe you will benefit from membership in The Canadian Condominium Institute - Nova Scotia Chapter and look forward to you becoming a member of our community.